In an effort to provide you with better service, the FreePowerBoards platform will be migrated to the Yuku platform. The Yuku environment offers better servers and improved software, and will provide admin and users with an enhanced forum experience on a software platform that is actively developed and continually supported and updated by our engineering team.
Advantages of this upgrade include better member post and spam management tools, a simplified admin control panel and expanded user profiles just to name a few. Just some examples of new features and functionality are the following:
• The Yuku mobile app for iPhone and iPad
• Robust spam prevention tools
• Extensive user interaction tools
• Multiple signatures and profiles.
• Advanced member management
• Inline member moderation
• Individual forum security
• Detailed security logs
• Easy drag & drop forum arrangement
• Full forum stats
Although much of the functionality that you are used to will remain, there will, however, be some differences with how your users will access your forum and with how you will manage it.
Most notably will be the following:
• The board URL will change from http://geaugalaketoday.freepowerboards.com to http://geaugalaketoday.fpb.yuku.com.
• You and all your members will receive an email immediately after migration. This email will provide a new pa**word. We suggest that you post an announcement for your members,
urging them to update the email a**ociated with their FreePowerBoards accounts if that email is no longer valid.
Please note that despite the URL change, proper redirects will be established via a 301 permanent redirect and your prior search engine rankings and traffic should not be impacted.
Your forum is being placed in an ordered queue along with other FreePowerBoards forums that are in the process to be converted.
At the moment the conversion begins, your site will be offline. The expected downtime for each forum is less than 15 minutes for small boards,
and up to several hours for large boards. We will have staff on hand at our help desk to help guide you through any questions you may have regarding how to operate the new software.
We appreciate your patience and cooperation during this time of transition and look forward to proving you with the best forum experience around.